What is pregnancy massage?
Prenatal massage is a really lovely treatment designed to support mothers physically, mentally and emotionally through the challenges of pregnancy
It is designed to help relieve aches and pains, reduce stress and decrease swelling during pregnancy.
Pregnancy massage is not recommended for women in their first trimester.
As a result, we will not be able to give you this treatment if you are less than twelve weeks pregnant (2nd trimester)
- Pregnant women in the 2nd and 3rd trimester.
- If you are experiencing aches and swelling.
- Helping you feel calm and supported.
- Women struggling with the physical changes pregnancy brings.
- Are still in the 1st trimester
- Have a history of miscarriage or high-risk pregnancy.
- Are prone to blood clots.
- Experiencing cramping or bleeding.
- Alleviates stress on weight-bearing joints and surrounding musculature.
- Increases blood circulation to both mother and baby.
- Relieves discomfort caused by pregnancy, including lower back pain,
varicose veins, constipation, heartburn.
- Stabilises hormonal levels, and soothes the nervous system.
- Prepares the mother-to-be for an easier delivery.
- Provides expecting women with emotional support and a nurturing touch.
Pregnancy massage is a beautiful treatment done in the side lying position.
I.e. instead of being on your front you lie on your side, supported by pillows.
This allows us to work down one side of your body, before turning to the other.
It is very relaxing as it allows your body to be supported,
whilst we work on those aches and pains.
Our full body pregnancy treatment is a 90min treatment,
as this allows for use to work each area effectively.
However we can reduce this time scale if you feel
you need less time, or a more specific treatment.
During this massage very little pressure will be put on your lower back, preventing any
At Willow Massage Centre we are very lucky to have a fully trained Emmett therapist, who is also trained in pregnancy massage therapy. We can include the Emmett technique to your pregnancy massage. This fantastic addition can help with breathing problems and stiff abdominal muscles that pregnancy can bring.
We also have a trained Reflexologist on staff. This addition to your treatment can help soothe and relax your digestive system.
If you feel like this is something you would benefit from, please give us a call to ensure you get the booked with whomever would be the most appropriate therapist for your needs.